Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need advice on 2 binoculars

I am thinking of buying a pair of 15x70 or 16x70 binos. These 2 pairs (Revelation 15x70 from Telescopehouse, £60 and Adler Saturn 16x70 from ScopesnSkies, £55) appear to be of quite good prices. The Adler even claims to be Fully Multi-coated.

http://www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page.aspx?theLang=001lngdef&pointerid=CEA974AFFB9846B6BFA6F9C5D82A544C&action=lnk

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/big-binoculars/adler/saturn/16x70.html

Do some folks here have experience with these and can give some advice? It will be much appreciated.

Should the low price provoke some cautions?

Many thanks.

I have a set of Strathspey 15x70 fully multi coated and bought a friend a set of Revelation 15x70's and they are the same, the Celestron's IMHO are also the same, just a couple of cosmetic differences between them all, but you will not be disappointed with any of these, still kept hold of the Strathspeys and recently bought a set of Oberwerk Ultra 15x70's (shockproof, waterproof and individual eyepiece adjustment) these really do ooze with quality, :D couldn't get these in the UK so i ordered them from bigbinoculars.com, they are razor sharp and a bit heavier than the usual 15x70's, mind you the customs charges were steep to say the least. Cannot give advice on the Adler's, guess that you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Thanks all for your info. Colonel cluster, can I ask how much custom charge you paid for your Oberwerk? I'm interested in the binos of Garret Optical but I dread the additional money to pay for import.

Somewhere in the region of :D £60 Oucchhh but if i had to do it again i would cos you cannot get em over here. Guess that would make HMRC very happy, unfortunately i have the misfortune of working right next door to them cash creating uncivil servants :D

Archived