Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A glimps of Comet Garradd with my Skymaster 15X70

merlinxlm

Hello everyone, as it was a nice clear night last night (first in in a very long time). I went out to find Comet Garradd, I found it quite easy with my 15X70's. I could clearly see an outline shape of it, considering that I was holding my binoculars by hand I was quite chuffed. I must say that I'm always pleased with the views that I achieve with my Skymasters, cant wait to upgrade them to the 25X100, roll on the winter nights.

Thanks.

Hi there

Havent had any clear nights here of late and I'd like to catch it before it fades. How do you find lens shake with the 15x? Im afraid to go above my 10x due to what I've heard about shaky images. Will you get a tripod when you get your 25x?

Greg

I've used a pair of 16x50 for years. You sort of get used to the image shifting about. I quite often brace myself against a wall or a tree. I wouldn't want to go higher than 16x hand-held though. Also my 16x50s are about 0.9kg. The 15x70 are about 1.4kg I think. I prefer the lighter pair, but you do gather twice as much light with the 15x70 compared to 16x50.

I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of Garradd with my 10x50 as well at the weekend, when I go to visit my parents-in-law in their nice dark dark place away from the city... Hopefully I'll remember to take the cloud filters off too :p

Archived