NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSLR Does anyone have a picture of how they attach to scope

jmfdiver

Hi

I have a skywatcher 200p Newt and a Canon 550d. I have the fitting for the camera. When I attached it straight to the scope I was unable to achieve focus. I have another fitting but I am unsure of what is best. If anyone has a photo or can take a photo of how they are attaching their dslr's to their scope I would be grateful.

Jen

Which adaptor are you using?

The DSLR to 2" push fit

or

The DSLR to T-thread scerw on

Focusing a DSLR on a 200p (with standard HUGE focuser) is difficult. You won't get it with the push fit (unless you have a barlow in the chain.

The T-thread might just come to come focus, I'm afraid I can't remember.

I now have a low profile focuser (and I've also moved the primary up the tube for other reasons,) so I don't have the problem.

yep the bottm bit will work if you have a thread to screw into on the focuser , if not you will need a shorter extension (like the tube on top right ) but about 1 or 2 inches maximum lenght , the tube you have would work in a mak or sct ,where they need a longer lenght from the camera chip to focus , newts on the ohter hand need a short distance from the chip to focus . :glasses2:

Ok so I had just the bottom one on so therefore I assume I need to move the primary up the tube toward the focuser? I will still be able to collimate like that?

Jen

That's option 1, or option 2 is the low profile focuser (about £70 for the cheapest option.)

Yes, you can still collimate moving the primary. The easiest way to do this is to replace the rubber o-rings in the cell assembly with some strong springs and longer locking / collimation bolts.

I need to purchase bahtinov mask. I didn't want to mess with the collimation too much as I was waiting for Jupiter to come into view for webcam image. I will now have a go with my current setup and the dslr and see if I can achieve focus before I spend more money. Austerity measures in place!

Jen

Archived