Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6992 - Network Nebula

Darth Takahashi

I haven't post for a while, since my holidays, the weather and work commitments have kept me away from my telescope...

Well I was inspired by Matts (Slippery Squid's) image to give this one a go... It only just over 1 hour in H Alpha, I lost two frames during the imaging run. One though my own stupidity(PEC before starting your image run) and the other because of an plane passing by!!!

Anyway I hope you like it...I still lack the necessary OIII filter to finish it, I need to change that soon...:)

post-15658-133877663714_thumb.jpg

stacks of detail in there Neil! What scope was you imaging with?

I think the RGB will be great and may even add a smattering of star colour.Oh and don't be so tight and get the OIII filter it makes sense :)

Really impressed on how much detail you have captured in such a short stack!

I'm firing off an email today to Astronomik to see if they will replace my OIII filter or test it for me! Parfocal with the other filters it is not!

Clear skies mate and I hope you get some cloud free nights this week! I'm going to up the sub length on my own image to try and capture the outer ring on this neb, it's there in my image albeit very faint but is visible in your own which makes me really jealous ;-) So it's ccd 's at dawn,20 paces,turn and stack!

By the way,you where correct,pixinsight is a fantastic piece of kit! I'm still not comfortable using it for all aspects of my processing yet though!

Cheers,

Matt.

don't be so tight and get the OIII filter it makes sense :)

So it's ccd 's at dawn,20 paces,turn and stack!

By the way,you where correct,pixinsight is a fantastic piece of kit! I'm still not comfortable using it for all aspects of my processing yet though!

Cheers,

Matt.

Its my TOA130F with focal reducer and ring, so approx F5.6ish with the ST10 on the back capturing the photons... Just sent my order in to Baader for the OIII, lets see if I can get it for the weekend...:)

So it ccd's at 20 paces then...lets see what happens this weekend!!! I like a friendly challenge :).

May have to make that a three way challenge as this was going to be my next target (& it’s supposed to be clear in “the Forest” tonight:eek:)

Mick

HaHa!!! Now were talking!!! A three way - or am I thinking of something else :glasses2:!!!

My weather forecast is showing this Friday night as clear if it holds??? Still no sign of the OIII filter so I'm a little handicapped... I would be good if we could produce a combined image using all of the data...

No good for me mate as my CCD probably wouldn't scale to well with you chaps? Though I may nip out and purchase the same scope and CCD combination as your goodself? Oh hang on..no I can't because I'm not the Baron of Yorkshire :rolleyes:

Oh and great Mick has decide to join in.....So now it's myself versus The King if Holland and Billy Dark Skies ;):glasses2:

Nah mate was cloudy and cloud tonight....and I missed out on four hours of data the other night due to fiddling with focus in the various filters :glasses2: though I have another OIII filter winging it's way from France to me,so I'll give that a go and see what happens!

So happy that you have been able to get imaging again matey, I think you have had more cloud then us!

Matt.

The Emperor strikes first!!!.

Here is the Eastern veil in H-RGB and while it lacks the characteristic OIII signal I think it still looks quite good. Used quite a few Photoshop tricks to push the blue components a little harder without over doing it I hope!!!

I hope you like it and as usual all constructive comments are welcome

Its no down to "Billy Dark Skies" and the "Barron of Humberside" to step up with their OIII images???:glasses2:

The people at Baader Germany could get me the OIII filter in time!!!:rolleyes:

post-15658-13387766522_thumb.jpg

Looking good so far mate! Unfortunately I'm only looking at it with a crappy work monitor so the brightness is really low! but I'll have a proper look this evening when I finish!

No clear skies forecast for me this weekend :rolleyes: so I'm at a party instead tonight and believe me I would be sooner imaging! Really happy that you've got some time behind the scope mate! Hopefully the clear skies will be on the way soon :glasses2:

Matt.

Could resist playing around with it a little more... I have added some decon to sharpen selected areas and push the colour, most noticeably the blue even harder...

Let me know which one you like!!!

This one might be a little too much like electric-pink!!!

I have used the Lab colour space to create the second rather WILD image!!!

post-15658-133877665263_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877665288_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK – just so you don't think I've forgotten the challenge, below are two narrowband versions of the Veil Neb.

Very quick & dirty process so consider them as work-in-progress.

Image details are as follows:-

Approx 2 hours per channel (including SII – don't know why I bothered, doesn't seem to add anything...)

ATIK 383L mono, baader NB filters

WO Megrez 72

Guided with PHd on an EQ6 pro

Captured and pre-processed with Nebulosity

Post processed & tweaked with PS

Need to capture more Ha & spend more time processing.

Mick

(aka Billy Dark Skies...)

post-18714-133877671989_thumb.jpg

post-18714-133877671998_thumb.jpg

OK – just so you don't think I've forgotten the challenge, below are two narrowband versions of the Veil Neb.

Very quick & dirty process so consider them as work-in-progress.

Image details are as follows:-

Approx 2 hours per channel (including SII – don't know why I bothered, doesn't seem to add anything...)

ATIK 383L mono, baader NB filters

WO Megrez 72

Guided with PHd on an EQ6 pro

Captured and pre-processed with Nebulosity

Post processed & tweaked with PS

Need to capture more Ha & spend more time processing.

Mick

(aka Billy Dark Skies...)

Looking very nice Mick, very nice indeed, a bit more subtle processing and your on your way to a top class image there... Personally, I like the blue and Green tones...

I wasn't sure how well it would work in RGB since everyone seems to go narrow-band on this target.

But if you recommend it, I'll give it a try, so no Lum's then, just HRGB, correct Rob?

I think the idea is that HA serves as the Lum.

Lovely so far, Neil. It's such a big target, I often have to study the whole thing to work out which bit someone has shot. I think I see where this bit is from. :)

Oh dear Mick. you seem to have taken it upside down :(

Matt

OK but you’ve made a fundamental mistake in not realising that I’m always correct and everyone else is always wrong…:)

Mick

Archived