Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brand new starparty in Kent!

madjohn

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back from Kelling now and ready and willing to pay, but I definitely need hook up. Am I right in saying that if Hook up is on the booking form I received by E Mail then I will definitely get it. Don't want to pay and then find the Hook ups are all gone and I then can't get my money back.

Carole

Hi Carole

Yes if you have booked and paid for a hookup then you will get one, when you receive it your confirmation email is excatly that.

As there are only 25 electric hookups it on a first come first served basis

See you there!

John

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes sorry to everyone who has booked but We write with regret to inform you that we will not be holding our planned star party over the weekend of April 20th to 22nd this year.:)

Despite advertising in astronomical publications, distributing leaflets plus word of mouth, we simply do not have enough confirmed bookings to make the venture viable and so it is with regret that we must cancel the event.

Hopefully a number of us will still be going over that weekend to photograph and observe the dark skies. However, we will be booking direct with the campsite owners in the normal way.

If you wish to join us as well please see the website and book direct at:-

Norwood Farm - Caravan & Camping Park, New Church, Kent

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your support in booking early for our cancelled star party and we will of course be refunding everyone in full in the next few days.

We look forward to speaking to you in April if you do still decide to join us over that weekend.

Best regards,

John Slinn - ‘Disciples of the Dark Arts’ Astrophotography group.:)

Andy Lee - ‘Astronomy4everyone’ Astronomical observing and imaging group.

Can I ask what the £10 per person "Star Party Fee" is for please?

We have hired the entire site for the two main days of Friday and Saturday so we don't have the general public on site with white lights and impartial attitudes to astronomers (like at Kelling):)

We will be having several talks and am looking to cover our costs including public liabilities insurance, free tea and coffee, red light materials etc.

I'll look into why members aren't getting a confirmation email. thanks for the feedback

John

DELETED.

Archived