Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

shake down 1st light

beamish

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...

Great first light! Welcome to the C11 club as a full member....

I replaced the celestron finder bracket with an Antares 6 screw version (needed it to hold the 8 x 50 illuminated finder.) Works very well.

Hi, when you mention "I replaced the celestron finder bracket with an Antares 6 screw version" on your C11, do you mean this one ;- https://www.astronomics.com/antares-50mm-quick-release-bracket-for-scts_p4386.aspx , Antares item code : F50DTB ?

I have the standard old Celestron non-quick release bracket and I found that the bracket gets in the way when I mount the C11 on my CG-5 ASGT, when I am handling and lifting the OTA, so I removed it and for ages just relied on either using Hibernate or Last Align, or finding a bright star by removing the eyepiece and looking straight into the OTA to get the mount initally onto a star, but last night I needed to realign once more and I wasted 10 minutes trying to get Capella into the C11 FOV, so I finally concede that I need to have a finder on the C11, but I want a quick release one so I am not having problems with the finder backet sticking into my belly when I am lifting the OTA onto the mount. The Antares one that I link to above looks like it might fit my (non-Edge) C11 SCT?  Will my standard Celestron #51611 straight through finder fit into this Antares bracket / rings?

Best Regards,

Alistair G.

Archived