Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Sunday of the month...you know what that means

Glen

First Sunday of the month...you know what that means :(

The Sky at night!

11.25pm BBC 1

Final frontier: Patrick Moore and astronaut Piers Sellers discuss what the demise of America's Space Shuttle programme means for the future of man space flight, and asses whether a new initiative called Project Icarus might one day enable man to visit other planets. With Chris Lintott.

Lets hope there isn't any wax involved.. :)

Indeed that time again, but I wait for the extended version as the first showing is normally the cut down 20 min job.

I didn't realise that there was a cut down version and a longer version!

When do they show the full version?

Thanks Glen.

Any idea why they show a cut down programme alongside a full length one?

The only reason I can think of is as S@N is often used as a program "filler" for the early hours of the morning on BBC 1,2,3&4, it gives the BBC more choice of programs to show.

IE say you have 40 min program on BBC4 @ 03:00 a twenty min S@N would slot in nicely to fill the whole hour. A little like playing Tetris but one program having two shapes!

Having said that I cant understand why they would have the first showing as a cut down version??

Matt has a point there.

I can always remember The Sky at Night being on at silly times, and there being complaints about people missing it due to that.

I think the BBC4 showing is the compromise ~ better time of day = get more peeps into astronomy. :)

I could be wrong though.. As for the shorter time first.. I have no idea:icon_scratch:

Archived