will this cloud ever lift?

franco

It was utterly crystal clear here when i got up here this morning on the east coast... somme small chunks of cumulus floating around now.... and forecast isn't good for this evening unfortunately. Tomorrow evening is showing as likely to be clear though.

Apart from the 40 minute break last Saturday night when I bagged 11 minutes of data on Sagittarius it's been wall-to-wall cloud here for almost two weeks now.

It is getting a bit trying.

I need to get my Synguider working before Kelling... and yes, Kelling needs to be clear!!!

Ben

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno if the MET office are smoking something... they seem to still think, despite currently showing clear skies and sunshine across almost the whole of England, that it's going to cloud over about 10:00pm?

I am watching the weather satelite images (Weather Europe, Satellite Weather Europe, Weather Forecast, Rainfall, Clouds, Sun in Europe - Source: SAT24.com) and I'm struggling to see where they think this cloud is gonna come from?

Unless it spontaneously condenses out of the air across the whole UK the moment the sun sets... I am not seeing any cloud at all that looks likely to reach us in the next six hours or more.

I'm going to 'amber alert' for a trip down to my imaging site tonight I think :-)

Ben

I dunno if the MET office are smoking something... they seem to still think, despite currently showing clear skies and sunshine across almost the whole of England, that it's going to cloud over about 10:00pm?

Yeah, I know. The Met Office said the same thing yesterday as well, and it turned out to be clear at least until I packed it in around 3:00 AM.

Ben

A complete layer of cloud above my house at the moment which I think is heading east, so the Met Office seems accurate but premature unfortunately. Hopefully it may lift by dark.

Well... Still clear here at almost 11.

My mount has however been playing up all night and I only managed to start imaging 10 minutes ago... Now some numpty has just turned up and switched on a hallogen floodlight pointing at my imaging rig.

Not a happy bunny.

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Archived