Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Last nights viewing

AndyM

Had the scope out last night for the first time in a month. :lol: Too much upheaval at work and home at the moment so opportunities and enthusiasm have been few and far between lately.

Anyway looked out at 9 o'clock last night to the darkest sky for ages - too good a chance to miss. Set up the scope then retired for a warming coffee. Out again after half an hour and had a glance at Venus then on to M42 and the rest of Orions treasures before an extended session looking at Saturn. It had to be the best I've ever seen it. In the 25mm EP it was a very well defined disc clearly showing the rings. Moving on through the 10mm down to the 6mm it kept its sharpness well. The Cassini division kept popping in and out of focus, somtimes being really clear for several seconds at a time. The darker cloud band stood out exceptionally well as did four of the moons (excuse my ignorance of their names, just the sight of them is enough at the moment :D ).

After two hours outside my fingers started to feel the cold so I packed the gear away and forced myself to warm up with the aid of a large glass of Scotch.

Successful night all round I think. :D

Andy.

Hi Andy,

If you remeber we bought our Skywatcher 200's at the same time, it's good to hear you were able to get out,I hope things settle down a bit for you, and your'e able to do a bit more, good to hear from you

Cheers Frank

Archived