LX200 mount?

marcosa666

Get either an ADM or Farpoint Astro Losmandy D dovetail rail then you'll have a variety of mounts to choose from such as EQ6, CGEM, IEQ45 or you can set your sights higher if your pockets are deep enough.

The GEM route will give you more flexibility in the future and also it will probably be quite difficult to locate a set of LX90 or LX200 forks - they do occasionally come up on the second hand.

I actually disagree and fing the folk mount super for visual use, the viewing position is better and u dont need to keep spinning the diaganol, which isnt fun if its sct threaded. The folk mount second hand will be the cheapest option and has goto. The eq6 is great and an all purpose mount, i thin it depends what u aim to do with it

Fork mounts are fine for visual but for long exposure photography a GEM is the best way to go as it is more flexible and gives unrestricted access to the entire hemisphere, unlike forks which tend to restrict viewing near the zenith in altaz mode and the pole in, er, polar mode. I'd go GEM every time. I mount my C9.25 on an EQ6 with a Losmandy dovetail plate. Rock solid.

I de-forked the 8" and 10" Lx for similar reasons ( couldn't fit the spectroscope between the forks) but still have the 12" Lx on the original fork mounting....why??

A GEM to hold 17.1Kg (OTA) plus the spectroscope+cameras etc etc is tooooo expensive.

The fork works well, when it can......

Archived