Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dû_1..the most recent PN

paulobao

Hi,

At the 18th of this month, french amateur astronomer Pascal discovered a planetary nebula while photographing a sh object. What a great moment that should have been :).

Today I manage to find about 2 and a half hours without many clouds (from 21h30 to midnight) to get some data of Dû_1. And yes it there! it is like the soap bubble nebula in cygnus but much more weak!

So, congratulations to Pascal for this discover :rolleyes:

Tak FS102NSV @ f/6.2 + QSI 532WS-M1 @ -15ºC

Ha: 120 min only (no much stretch possible)

sumdu1ha120minlegend.jpg

sumdu1ha120mininvertleg.jpg

Cheers,

paulo from portugal

Thanks Mick.

And after a search at SIMBAD/CDS....just right to it there is (photographicaly speaking) another one the PN G094.5-00.8 !

This is really "cool" and I'm asking...why they did not saw it before?

Here the photo with both locations:

sumdu1png0945008ha120mi.jpg

• 2 months later...

Amazing, still shows even well imaged areas you can find new things. I suppose it was missed because of all the rest of the surrounding nebulosity and people thinking it was just part of that and not looking closer.

I would never have thought it was not part of the SH nebula!

It's an amazing find and congratulations to Pascal Le Dû for the hard work that he's put into this - but...

Excuse my ignorance but how do you know that is isn't part of the SH nebula?

Cheers

Ant

I believe they are still waiting for a spectra to confirm it is a PN. The diffuse Sharpless nebula will have a different spectrum from a true PN.

Owen

Archived