NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Worth a look

Earl

RESULT!!! Kaminovs. I would keep the 200p for on the mount and then knock up a rocker box for the 250p and use as a quick setup dob. Drop a GOTO kit in the EQ6 and away you go. Fair play to Earl for the heads up as that was a bargain to be had.

Nah, can't afford keeping both really.

Will 250p will be firm enought on EQ6 for some imaging? or its only visual and too big og a wind bakcet for imaging?

Or should I keep 200p for visual/imaging on eq6 and sell 250p ota?

suggestions?

And aye, Big thanks to Earl for pointing on this add.

Recieved my new scope today.

Will soon start work on getting OTA back to shape.

Optics are perfect. Tube is ... need attention. alot :)

Need to figure out how to cover drilled holes all over OTA from previously installed additional equipment.

Repainting is a must.

Focuser is already ordered - 2 speed crayford from Revelation.

Collimation was almost perfect, and its somehow much more smoother to collimate it comparing to 200p.

EQ6 is a beast. I wasnt really prepared to see it is SO much bigger and robust than HEQ5.

Some pictures incomming.

Looking good. Shame you didn't get it earlier in the year as it would have made a nice summer months project. Regards the holes a bit of P60 on the inside then fill (P45) and paint the outside. Cover the P60 on the inside with flock. Would look as good as new :)

Makes no difference. The P60 on the inside will strengthen and patch the hole with out being too unsightly and the P45 will fill the hole and ripples. Bit of wet and dry on the out side to sand flush or in this case round. Then primer and paint. Jobz a good un :) Flocking the inside of the OTA will have the advantage of helping to increase contrast while also hiding the P60 patches. OR there is always the trusty electrical tape over the holes. May look an unsightly mess but will not make the slightest difference in the performance, and it's not like your going to see it in the dark anyway.

Nah, can't afford keeping both really.

Will 250p will be firm enought on EQ6 for some imaging? or its only visual and too big og a wind bakcet for imaging?

Or should I keep 200p for visual/imaging on eq6 and sell 250p ota?

suggestions?

And aye, Big thanks to Earl for pointing on this add.

Its not to big , check out some of my images taken with this scope

John B

Archived