Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 281 - Pacman. 2 versions.

shaunster

The last 2 nights I have been shooting at the wizard and this one, the pacman. This one is far brighter and shortish subs work well with it.

I have shot 14 x 600s Ha and 10 x 720s O3 and made 2 different versions. A HA/o3/o3 version and a false hubble pallete version. All taken with Atik 383l+ and zenithstar 70 on HEQ5.

First up the standard red version.

281-red-try-X2.jpg

And next the false hubble look, I got the idea after seeing antimorris (Anna) making a hubble look using only Ha and O3 data so I thought I would try it out.

281-hubble-try-X2.jpg

These two images are using the same data, just proccessed differently... let me know what you think.. :)

The top one gets my vote.

Yeh I like that one as well, was just a little bored of doing all red images until the moon is out the way to get proper s2 :)

Have you tried a better flattener ?

No, im quite pleased by this flattener although it could be better I agree. I wasnt expecting miracles as the star distortion was really bad before and now I only notice it in the top left of the images. I could look out for a WOFF2 but they dont seem to come up very often.

Archived