Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up for nice little imaging scope

MartinB

I'm fairly new to this - but - WOW - the images on this guy's site are like nothing I've seen before. Have these pic's been 'messed about with'? - or are 'ordinary people' (with exceptional kit) really taking pics like this?

I've nothing but respect for guys like Rus Croman, Rob Gendler and the like. Their dedication and meticulous attention to every detail is the foundation for those images. The awesome high end kit would be completely wasted otherwise.

If you want a go with this sort of kit you can!!! http://rc20.stonehenge-obs.com/ Around about £40 000 worth of kit at a New Mexico dark sky site for around £50 an hour.

I certainly have respect for the work that people like Russell and Damian Peach and others do. The images they produce are stunning and are the result of a great deal of skill and dedication.

But I also have a lot of respect for the efforts of folks on forums like this. People don't necessarily have the budget to buy really high end kit or lots of time to get outside. When you factor in the atrocious weather we seemed to be cursed with these days, I think the results are absolutely excellent, whatever the level of expertise or the equipment involved.

Geoff

Archived