Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Large Case Needed

Can anyone recommend a flight case (ideally not Peli) to hold a HEQ5 with an extended counterweight bar?

I could probably squeeze it into one of my spare Maplin jobs if I remove the bar each time, but I'm too lazy for that.

Similarly looking at the larger ABS cases from Maplin, I'm still not convinced the mount + bar will fit in there.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Imho - A peli would be better - it's a heavy mount so you need good strong clamps and sturdy build so it doesn't burst open like a Maplins one would (designed to be cheap) - I find the Maplins ones are great for light stuff like ep's and accessories. You'll get a larger choice of sizes with a peli and you can have one with strong wheels and half decent handles - it'll cost though lol :smiley:

How about a storage trunk like one from here: Storage Trunks & Luggage Trunks Hand Made in UK

Not sure what size you will require but they do a variety of standard sizes and I think also custom sizes. I have one of theirs for my AA8RC + EQ6 (originally bought for my LX90 but then adapted for my newer gear), and a mate of mine has a huge one for a 12" LX200.

Had mine for a few years now and it seems robust, though admittedly it hasn't been lugged around too far so hasn't been stress tested.

post-17860-133877646164_thumb.jpg

Archived