Final Eyepieces!

Hello again,

Instead of lots of suggestions can please someone just put down some cheap eyepieces. A 2x Barlow, moon filter, LP filter, DSO eyepiece for viewing M42 and Andromeda + one for planetary!

Many thanks and just a cheap SW LP and one last thing all has to be from FLO and in a neat shopping list - sorry for a lot of cheek

I can't give you the list I had all from FLO (sorry)

TAL barlow - FLO (or Revelation 2" - Telescope House)

Variable polarizing moon filter (whatever is on the main sites) - pretty sure FLO has

Skywatcher LP filter - FLO

BST Explorer 18mm (M42 IIRC) - skiesthelimit

BST Explorer 5mm (planetary) - skiesthelimit

Revelation 30mm 2" (Andromeda) - Telescope House

Just my humble input, other opinions will vary :smiley: I loved all of that kit in my 200P Dob

`BST Explorer 5mm (planetary) - skiesthelimit`

I used to have a 15mm, and used it for a while to do some terrestrial viewing(looking at seabirds) it was fine for stuff close in, but any sort of distance the viewing was fuzzy with aberrant colours. tbh I have written off the whole range as budget. I chk out all my optics gear at the seaside, as i have alot of exp of using optics there, so i can compare performance vs other gear i have used before.

WOuld have assumed that high power magnification with this ep would be problematic?? Lots of false colour?

Would be interested to hear you review this aagainst a dedicated planetary ep ie tmb etc

If you don't want suggestions:

Why don't you just ring FLO and let them tell you what you need?

Everyone has different opinions on eyepieces and kit. You will never get THE definitive eyepiece collection or kit because it does not exist.

I am sure the helpful people at FLO will help steer you to a decent purchase.:smiley:

Regards Steve

"Final Eyepieces " it would be nice if that were true for us all

I am up to 30 at present and still planning on a few more, and after that another few more.

5mm,

7mm,

10mm,

20mm

32mm

As the scope is a 200P not sure plossl's are the best idea, also it is f/5 I assume.

I would go for the TMB planetary's from Skysthelimit, but there site says On Holiday. 58 deg and fair on faster scopes.

Don't bother with a barlow the ones mentioned should be OK for most things. The only one the barlow would make sense with is the 32mm as the 5 and 7 doubled up is too much.

Filters, no idea, never used one. Stick the front bit on and remove the small aperture hole bit for the moon.

Trouble is that the eyepieces alone are £200. So if just 2 then 7mm and 20mm, assumes you have a 25mm with the scope.

Archived