Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC1100 Maximum Field of View

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know what the maximum field of view on a CPC1100 is? I'm using a 2" screw on diagonal. I know that the fov is determined by the size of the baffle tube but that's all I know.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

I've already seen that but it states "angular field of view = 0.6º" and my 32mm Panaview gives me a 0.8º fov (2800/32 = 87.5 x mag - 70º afov / 87.5 = 0.8º fov) so how does that work?

Thanks again

Dave

I've already seen that but it states "angular field of view = 0.6º" and my 32mm Panaview gives me a 0.8º fov (2800/32 = 87.5 x mag - 70º afov / 87.5 = 0.8º fov) so how does that work?

Thanks again

Dave

I suspect the rear port on the scope is smaller than the field stop of the Panaview 32mm and therefore the full .8 deg FoV won't be fully illuminated.

Well the moon occupies about 0.5 deg of sky so you'd have around one and a half moons worth of true field of view there :smiley:

I'm trying to work out what the widest fov I can achieve is rather than what I'll see at a given fov.

Sorry for being a pain.

Dave

I suspect the rear port on the scope is smaller than the field stop of the Panaview 32mm and therefore the full .8 deg FoV won't be fully illuminated.

How would that manifest itself? With the Panaview the view is bright to the edge.

Dave

I'm trying to work out what the widest fov I can achieve is rather than what I'll see at a given fov.

Sorry for being a pain.

Dave

In theory you could get around 1 degree true field of view using something like a 41mm Panoptic. Having looked further into the specs of the C11 SCT I see that the rear port diameter is 54mm so there will not be any vignetting of the FoV of any 2" eyepiece - you should get the full benefit :smiley:

John,

Thanks for the info, was I correct in assuming that the standard restriction would have been the 1.25" diaganal?

Dave

You were absolutely right Dave.

32mm 1.25" 52deg afov gives:

2750/32 = 86

52/86 = 0.6

Archived