Skymax 127 OTA

Just got my new Skymax 127 from Rother Valley Optics, not had a chance to use it yet but I've notice it uses Schott glass and heard this is good. Just thought I'd mention it if anyone else is looking to buy one.

Sky-watcher have been using Schott to provide glass for there scope since the end of 2008. As with anything Germay it's usually of an exacting standard but whether Schott apply the all important multi-coatings that effectively allow the glass to absorb the light rather than reflect it I do not know. This said the SW MAK was released in late 2001 and I have never heared a bad word said about the earlier models so whether there is a significant improvement offered by Schott manufacturing the glass is debatable.

I got my MAK 127 about 2 months ago, used a few times already. Great on Planets and the Moon, got a 5mm planetary EP 2 weeks, great views of Jupiter last week! Hope you enjoy using it as much as I do!

The MAK 127 is a great little scope. I also use it for planetary and luna, and as my grab & go.

Schott glass is indeed used on my MAK 127 as it is on my SkyWatcher MN 190 which is encouraging. :smiley:

Archived