Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Panaview or Swan ?

Gadget

Hi

Am looking at getting a decent low power widefied for my 925 around the 32mm range

Either the Skywatcher 32mm Panaview or the William optics Swan 33mm both close in price is there anything between the two or is it just a matter of preference or anything else in that price range that is worth considering

Thanks

Kev

Hi Kev. I have a 33mm WO Swan. It's a nice low power EP, comfortable eyerelief, and a sharp field stop. But with my 10" F4.8 Dob, is only sharp near the centre of the field of view.

However, I have tried it in a clubmates 180mm Maksutov, and it performed very well indeed, so should be good in your 9.25.

Don't know about the Panaview.

Regards, Ed.

Thx guys

I was also looking at the Baader 31mm Hyperion 31mm Aspheric which is a bit more expensive than the Pana/Swan so I assume the quality will be a bit better but am I right in thinking at f10 there will not be much visual difference anyway and just getting the one available at best price

Thanks

Kevin

The Hyperion is a step up in quality if you have an F5-F6 scope, which is where the Panaview/Swan are definitely struggling. That said the Hyperion struggles at F4.8 in the 250PX and is a step behind the Skywatcher Aero and Meade 5000 SWA (now reborn as the Explore Scientific 68° series).

Archived