Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North Lincs Astro

Nexus 6

Monday was the regular meet for the North Lincs Astro society, I am glad to report that it was an overwelming success with 19 people turning up, only blot being the cloud which persisted during the evening giving only a glimpse of ...you guessed it Arcturus! :headbang:

I wanted to say thanks to all who came, things are looking very good for establishing the group and I hope that things may improve even more with others wishing to come for next months meeting plus one or two regulars who did not make it tonight and the fact we now have a website at last!

Great to have some new members and I look forward to seeing you all again.

That Dob looks a mighty scope Paul. :)

Got to get a good few hours next month with it!

Many thanks to Nigel from Northern Optics for his contribution :eek:

also to Terry who helps to make it all happen, thanks mate :)

finally, a special mention for some outstanding cakes Rebecca, am still alive! :)

See you all on the 5th of September

Yup, it was a good night Paul, was a pleasent surprise to see so many turn up. I will be on the look out for a largish dob for use in the autumn/winter season ahead, something in the 16 20" range should do. I intend to leave it at the venue for meetings but it will be available to use anytime.

By then we should have had a good look through your 12", was great to see one in the flesh so thanks again for bringing it along.

Hi All

thanks for a great night, nice to see so many with the same interest, even my wife found it very informative. I will be bringing my scope to the next meeting, an omni 120xlt refractor.

take care all, happy gazing

Gary and Kath ;)

Archived