Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Case for Lumenera LU070M MONO 1/3" CCD Camera

johninderby

Case for Lumenera LU070M MONO 1/3" CCD Camera

Having recently picked up one of these LU070M board level cameras I needed a case to fit it into. I purchased one of Maplin's Eddystone Die-cast Aluminium Shallow Lid Thin Wall Alloy Boxes 111x60x27.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/eddystone-die-cast-aluminium-shallow-lid-thin-wall-43713

I removed the black metal casting from the top of the camera (got rid of the IR filter inside at the same time) and used it to mark out the size of the cut-out and the mounting holes in the lid of the enclosure. Once that was cut out then it was simply a case of fastening the camera back together with the lid sandwiched in between. In the main part of the case I made a small cut out in one end to mount the Startech 1 Foot Panel Mount USB Cable B to B - F/M. I had to mount the socket on the outside of the case as room was limited on the inside and the strain relief on the "B" end of the cable had to be trimmed a bit to allow it to fit. Everything was a bit snug inside but it did all fit. I painted the case with silver Hammerite spray, mainly because I already had some, and also any scratches or chips wouldn't show later on as the metal case was silver coloured anyway.

All in all a simple little project that results in a fairly compact camera set-up that also looks neat and tidy. The equivalent of the SKYnyx 2-0, but at a fraction of the price.:)

John

John,

Very nice project! I also have the same camera and fitted mine inside a Maplins box, had to get a second box as the first one was just too small. It is wegded internally with matches, not very pleasing but functional!!! Not rocket science but it keeps the camera secure:D Made holes in the base of the box for the plugs to be attached to the camera.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Hi John, were you able to buy the Lumenera unit here in the UK? I have been looking for one without any luck so far...

Jenna

When I bought it a few weeks ago on eBay the seller told me it was his last one and he was unlikely to get any more.

Not sure where you'll be able to get one now unless you pay the full dealer price, and then there will be import duties, taxes and handling fees as well to contend with.

Anyway I'm happy with mine so far and it'll do me until I can afford a DMK41 or similar.

John

Archived