Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrophoto Q

So I've decided to try the cheapo route of taking the digital camera that I currently have (not a great one) and just pointing it at the eyepiece to take pictures, for those of you who have done this, how far away should I hold the camera?

or if you don't want to spend any money you can always setup a std camera tripod to achieve a similar effect - not as effective but to start out simple enough.

Easy, cheap and can give some very nice results! I'm currently making a map of the solar system using it :)

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/148597-my-solar-system-family-portrait-project-part-1-a.html

I also have that same camera adapter and I've been able to get some pretty good moon shots and some half decent shots of saturn because getting into astrophotography is way out of my price range and ability I thought it was a good way to start,sometimes I don't even use the adaptor and just hold the camera manually right up against the eyepiece :)

Archived