Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 Problems

Plenty of them here but the main ones are a) core :) not enough subs but the one i cant get my head round is the colour changing from application... it looks so much softer when open in Photoshop.

Many people run a second set of subs of shorter length to get a better core and then blend together.

Steve

Yeah ill be doing that, but im more concerned about the colour difference between applications at present.:)

I'm not at all sure what you mean by the colour changing between applications. What applications? Post a minimally stretched version as a jpeg with minimal compression, re-size it if need be to keep the file size down. Do not allow the core to saturate. Maybe we can make something from that.

Dennis

Have you calibrated your monitor?

Many people report differences in their image when its uploaded here, its slight but noticable.

BTW from the image I am seeing its looking overprocessed and noisy, try and be a bit less harsh and dont push the data too far until you can get more subs. :)

Have you calibrated your monitor?

Many people report differences in their image when its uploaded here, its slight but noticable.

BTW from the image I am seeing its looking overprocessed and noisy, try and be a bit less harsh and dont push the data too far until you can get more subs. :)

I have just do a recalibration and its a little better.

im not going to get anywhere unless I get more subs, banging my head on a brick wall really, but i have noticed an improvement.

The grey scale image has a lot going for it detail wise and the earlier colour version is getting there. Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky but try a combination of both and tweak the colours in Photoshop.

I had a bash last night and although the result is not POW material I think it does improve the overall view. It may just be a case of trompe l'oeil but I alway find M31 looks better 'the other way around' so to speak.:)

Cropped and flipped version attached.

post-13495-13387763868_thumb.jpg

post-13495-133877638688_thumb.jpg

The grey scale image has a lot going for it detail wise and the earlier colour version is getting there. Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky but try a combination of both and tweak the colours in Photoshop.

I had a bash last night and although the result is not POW material I think it does improve the overall view. It may just be a case of trompe l'oeil but I alway find M31 looks better 'the other way around' so to speak.:eek:

thats an excellent example of what the right processing skills can acheive looking good :)

don't get disheartened earl,the whole imaging is a big learning curve for,at least you have captured some nice detail,the rest is just practice.i will be happy if i can get something similar to the above pics :)

I had a bash last night and although the result is not POW material I think it does improve the overall view. It may just be a case of trompe l'oeil but I alway find M31 looks better 'the other way around' so to speak.:)

OH BOY !!!

wow and thank you, I will have another play when i have some more subs.

Archived