NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

oh no now i gone and done it

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using the celestron powerseeker equivalent of that scope (mine was on an eq1 ;)). I used it to take the picture of Sturn next to my name and my review can be found here http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-reviews/146895-celestron-powerseeker-675-eq-114-900mm-reflector-review.html

Hopefully the EQ2 will be better and it'll make a good grab n go starter scope - a bargain.... if it is the item described :BangHead:

just waiting for a reply to a email i have sent them

i have asked for pictures of the tripod and also sent them a link as to what an eq-2 should look like

also asked if they had a manual regarding that scope

i will be asking for my money back if its not an eq-2 tripod

so i wait with baited breath

(whilst banging my head on a very large wall )

pete

;) Sorry Peter I was beginning to think it was one of those take the micky out of eBay threads. :BangHead:

I'm sure you will have no problem getting your money back as the description looks like it couldn't be any further from the truth. At least you won't of wasted your time and fuel if it dose turn out to be incorrectly listed. Plus as Glen said "that's a cheap-fast luring curve you got there.. "

right guys and girls

had a reply from the seller

and they have emailed me more pictures

off the said scope on a eq-2 tripod

i they have said that if its not what i have won as discribed

then they will refund me my money

and as the wife would like a trip out will combine it with that

ok now for the pictures

i asked for a close up of the tripod the info on the scope and a full picture of the scope and tripod

so your thought please

post-27913-133877637239_thumb.jpg

post-27913-13387763725_thumb.jpg

post-27913-133877637258_thumb.jpg

if thats the scope, and and you get in all the bits, for 40 quid, grab it post it to me if ya do not want it i would pay 40 quid for it

DITTO! As long as the optics are in good order you have grabbed your self a nice little grab and go scope. I have seen EQ2 mounts go for £27-£30 on eBay and as this one has motors you would easily get £35-£40 so if anything your getting the scope for free. I don't know what the seller was thinking listing the item with the picture they did but this is no doubt why you grabbed yourself a bargain as anyone with a bit of know how would probably have avoided it. Look forward to hearing the first light report if the clouds ever part long enough for you to do one that is!!!!

DITTO! As long as the optics are in good order you have grabbed your self a nice little grab and go scope. I have seen EQ2 mounts go for £27-£30 on eBay and as this one has motors you would easily get £35-£40 so if anything your getting the scope for free. I don't know what the seller was thinking listing the item with the picture they did but this is no doubt why you grabbed yourself a bargain as anyone with a bit of know how would probably have avoided it. Look forward to hearing the first light report if the clouds ever part long enough for you to do one that is!!!!

thanks to all you guys that added to this post i must admit i was on a high one min and then the post started saying was not this, was not that, to a little worried that maybe i had made a mistake.

well arrived at the sellers location in fleet at 10.30 and was very happy with the results of what i had just seen and they were the same as the photos posted above

1 little wing nut missing from the tray but hey 40 quid i dont think its worth giving a bad feed back

motor working fine and all the lens look ok

a few light scratches on the tube nothing that a little perm marker cant cover .

so all in all i had what we call a right result yes i took a huge chance

but came good in the end

i asked her why she was selling it and it turns out her brother has a very tiny flat and had 4 telescopes so two had to go

i think had she put the right photos up she could have doubled her money and like you guys have said with the picture and disciption that she had uploaded to ebay many in the know would have just walked away....

but all well that ends well a nice little grab and go for 40 quid

bargin

post-27913-133877637568_thumb.jpg

post-27913-133877637575_thumb.jpg

post-27913-133877637583_thumb.jpg

post-27913-133877637589_thumb.jpg

post-27913-133877637596_thumb.jpg

Result Paul! Glad it all worked out for you in the end. These do have parabolic mirrors not the spherical ones as I'd originally thought so all in all you should get some good views from the scope if Adrian's review is anything to go by. Now you just need to check the collimations OK with a star test and give us you first light report :)

Result Paul! Glad it all worked out for you in the end. These do have parabolic mirrors not the spherical ones as I'd originally thought so all in all you should get some good views from the scope if Adrian's review is anything to go by. Now you just need to check the collimations OK with a star test and give us you first light report :)

Er Paul? But my name is Peter

And what test ha ha ha

Er Paul? But my name is Peter

And what test ha ha ha

DOH!! Sorry Peter :) You've got it all to look forward too. All the late nights making me docile I often forget peoples names. I'm just lucky the wife sews my name in all my clothes else I'd forget my own.

All the best

Fred Perry

Archived