Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What would I be able to see through 150p?

I have that book and it's quite nice, but I tend to use the Sky and Telescope Pocket Sky atlas instead. No flashy photos or anything, but very good charts for finding stuff.

Many people recommend Turn Left at Orion, but I have to admit I haven't read it.

I tend to use Stellarium to see what should be visible, then the S&T pocket sky atlas next to the scope to actually find the object.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got pretty much the same scope, but it's on a tripod rather than a dob. The 150pl is f8 and i've had good views of saturn, jupiter, the moon and dso's. Managed to see mercury and venus earlier this year, although they were still pretty small. Just had my first look at the sun yesterday. Anyway, you'll do good with a 6" reflector.

Just had my first look at the sun yesterday. Anyway, you'll do good with a 6" reflector.

Which solar filter did you use? I use the astro-solar film stuff from Baader. Just the ticket to get a safe view of the sun.

I was looking at saturn had a 10mm eyepiece and 25mm and it was quite stunning could also make out one of the moons,then turned to the moon looked spectacular!I only had a short time due to cloud but I'm sure I would have seen a lot more with more time

Hi Tyler,

Don't think anyone's mentioned double stars. Some of the best ones will look good in any scope and really good in a six inch. Try Albireo in Cygnus, one of the best doubles in the sky. Hope you enjoy your scope.

Dave

thanks dave, will definatly try the stars. Cant wait to use it havent had chance yet to get it outside because of clouds. but hopefully should clear soon and i can finaly use it, cant wait :BangHead:.

Archived