Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

F1 Telescopes

Staypuft

Haven't seen any reviews for these guys, apologies if this has been covered already! As a newb I took a lot of advice from more expert friends, finally settling on a SW 200p (which I am very happy with!). I then researched all the online suppliers I could find (couldn't find a scope shop in or around Southampton - if anybody can point me in the direction?) settling on F1 as they were the cheapest. Ordered Thursday night, new scope arrived Monday morning! Followed by cloudy skies of course. I spoke with them on the phone to confirm delivery arrangements, and was very happy with the service received.

• 5 months later...

I have just had one of the most unhelpful chain of emails ever with F1 Telescopes. I have never dealt with them before and won't be again. I was considering them for the purchase of a dual speed crayford (the replacement for the MN190) and just wanted to check that it came with a base as the adverts suggested this just replaced the existing focusers (so I suspected you might use the existing plate and that the focuser might come only with a body).

here's what was said (I have only removed names):

me

hi there

please can you confirm you supply a base plate with this product?

Sky-Watcher DUAL SPEED 2 inch CRAYFORD FOCUSER for EXPLORER- 90MN MAKSUTOV

NEWTONIAN Telescopes

thanks!

F1 Telescopes reply

Hi,

This focuser is designed as direct replacement for the existing focuser, it

is supplied as one piece unit.

Kind regards

**tried to ring as he was not understanding my question - on lunch.**

me

Thanks

These focusers attach to the base plate with small grub screws, secured by a dovetail on the bottom of the focuser unit. My concern is that based on what you have said, the manufacturer may not supply them with a base plate?

F1

Hi,

No to my knowledge you remove the focuser from the tube, the plate is part of the focuser, I think the grub screws you describe are for collimation. Feel free to send me an image of your focuser if you are concerned.

Kind Regards

me

hi

I am replacing a 1.25" focuser on my current scope. As long as the plate in the photo on your site comes with the focuser then it's not an issue.

F1

Hi,

What telescope do you have?

Regards

me

It's a 6" newt.

F1

In that case you need this

Sky-Watcher DUAL SPEED 2 inch CRAYFORD FOCUSER for Explorer 150,200,250,300P Newtonian Reflectors

Regards

me

I did look at that but the same question applies? Does this come with a base?

F1

same reply, this is designed for the purpose!

me

so, this focuser is designed to replace a 1.25" focuser on an Orion Optics UK 6" f6 newtonian?

Just forget it.

maybe I am just being grumpy but if he'd have said yes to my first question, I would have just ordered it!!

• 1 year later...

Having decided to extend my range of Axioms with a 15mm while still available browsing suppliers web sites revealed that f1 Telescopes were £40 cheaper than the nearest competitor plus no delivery charge on orders over £70.

A call to f1 on Monday afternoon was answered immediately by a pleasant lady who left me on the phone to check stock. She returned in less than a minute saying they had 4. She could not accept phone orders so my order was placed on line. As promised on the phone the eyepiece was dispatched yesterday (Tuesday) and arrived by 9.30 this morning (Wednesday).

Fortunately I did not suffer Moonshane's problems and found them particularly helpful.

Perfectly satisfied with their service and will consider using them again in the future.

• 3 years later...

I rung them this week asking for a spare replacement part for my Celestron CPC  which had developed a problem -  they didn't sell me anything but actually gave me some advice on what I could do to sort things out  and now  all sorted !. Many thanks for helping me out with advice  and  all credit for them in being willing  to  advise me over the phone without getting a sale from me

Archived