Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

which Photoshop for 16 bit?

sgazer

hi,

I've been using Photoshop 7 for some time now and it does pretty much everything I want for imaging so far. However, I'm starting to dabble with narrow band imaging using layers and such and the limitation of PS7 is that it can only do 8 bit layers. I want to preserve my 16 bit images, so I was wondering which version of PS I need to get which does 16 bit layers and cut & paste? I also want to have the features of PS7 such as curves and levels adjustment. Not sure if I need PS CS or Elements and which version. I'm looking for the oldest version which will suit, so I don't have to pay too much for it.

Thanks

Hi, if you do need to go ahead and get a copy of Photoshop CS, you should look at the student/teacher copies (same as std version but discount for students) at ~£170 from Adobe or software4students.

Freddie

Archived