Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSLR Control

barkis

Hi. all,

Can anyone suggest where I can obtain DSLR Camera control software. I got Maxim DL Lite bundled with Starry Night AstroPhoto Suite,

It works OK but I am looking for something better. When I went to update the Lite version, XP closes the programme due to a conflict somewhere. I downloaded a MaxDSLR demo version from Cyanogen, with exactly the same result. Xp will close the prog.

They gave me another driver to try (Olympus E-500). Same result.

If I do not even load the driver, and start the prog. as soon as I click on connect, the XP error message reappears. I am fed up with it.

If I reinstall the Lite version, and do not update it to the latest Ver. It works.

Any magic wand out there?

Ron. :)

It's just the camera.

It allows you to rapidly focus on a star and then control long exposures (or short!).

You can change ISO, exposure, etc. and create simple scripts to take say, 10 x 1 sec @ ISO 200, then 20 x 10 sec @ ISO 800.

Quite cheap as well!

You'll need a serial port (or USB to serial adapter) and a serial control lead. Andy Ellis at Astronomiser can supply both

Archived