Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter again!

I got up at 3am again this morning to have another crack at Jupiter. The seeing was pretty good so I used the 4mm eyepiece and I could see the belts and the zones really nicely. The longer I observed the more detail I could see. It looked awesome! That was defiantly the best Jupiter has ever looked in my scope :(:)

Well done! I was up about that time for Jupiter, though chose to stay up rather than get up. My first view of Jupiter since January - stunning as you say, and defintiely more comes out in the eyepiece the longer you look. :)

Great views of jupiter even in a light sky,think the belts would stand out better in a darker sky,but its good to see it without getting frostbite for a change!! last night was filled with a lot of meteors burning up.

I was up too this morning. Decided to go to bed early and get up at 2am. Do a spot of deepsky first and then Jupiter. Sadly the transparency was awful, so that scuppered the deepsky aspirations. But the seeing wasn't too bad. Had a nice view of Jupiter at 132x with the C6. Really looking forward to August when Jupiter gets some proper altitude.

Well done mate, Jupiter is really special, my favourite solar system object.

Great views of jupiter even in a light sky,think the belts would stand out better in a darker sky,but its good to see it without getting frostbite for a change!! last night was filled with a lot of meteors burning up.

That brings back memories, the first time I saw Jupiter earlier in the year my scope ended up covered in frost.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived