SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

time travel

noakesy

Its all about einsteins theory of relativity and general theory of relativity. According to one of these theorys can not remember which one. He says there is no such thing as a universal clock rather everybody carrys there own clock. Simply put there is a universal speed limit known as the speed of light very quick 186,000 miles a second. The quicker you travel the more time slows down for you and as you go quicker then the speed of light time starts reversing ( going backwards ). Here is the catch according to einstein nothing can go quicker then the speed of light. As an object approaches the speed of light its mass also increases thus making it impossible to outrun the speed of light.

Dont wanna bore u all so will give a quick example. If there are two identical twins one stays here on earth and the other goes on a spaceship at 90% the speed of light and travels at this speed for 1 year. After rerurning to earth there will be a significant difference in age between the two twins. The one that stayed on earth would have aged far more probally 25 years more then the other one.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget that altering anything in the past could have a serious effect on the present as numerous movies have portrayed. So observing the past would be preferable to interacting with it.

There would be so many points in history that I would love to visit, far too numerous to list infact, but I would guess the top of the list would be the dawn of mankind. Did we actually evolve, or were we "planted" here. Why does our written history only go back a few thousand years, and only then in a few places on earth. The rest being theorectical.

Speaking of which, how come pyramids were built on opposite sides of the world by civilizations that were supposedly unconnected with each other, and both allined with the stars.....

Excellent thread btw :hello2:

Mel

I'd go back to the very beginning of the earth (at the first point where it was habitable that is!), and whip the Skylux out to see what things looked like back then!

I'm sure the moon would be much closer, and a lot of now dead stars would surely look great! And be very interesting...

...nothing can go quicker then the speed of light.

Nothing in the universe that is.

The universe itself can go faster, which is the basis for the faster-than-light warp drive on Star Trek: The Space-time matrix is warped behind the USS Enterprise, and stretched ahead, and the starship rides this wave distortion (like a surfer) in a "bubble", not actually interacting with the space around it, thus beating Einstein's speed limit.

The problem is that you need a lot of dylithium crystals to do it. It's been calculated that the energy required for a warp drive would be equivalent to hundreds of millions of suns.

I would go back to 20th April 1889 to the Gasthof zum Pommer, an inn in Austria. I would then try to explain to Alois Hitler that his forth child would grow up to be the most evil dictator in human history, failing that I would go back in time even further and attempt to convince Klara Polzi to abort the birth.. if that achieved nothing, then I might contemplate going back in time and taking either of their lives before the conception..

That is an honorable thought.. Problem would be that by doing that you would change the entire history of the future of the world and knowing human behavior it may have been even worse..! Best not to play with the past - just learn....:hello2:

I'd go back to last night, come home earlier and take my scope out.. Think I missed a fab couple of hours....

Archived