Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

time travel

noakesy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... id go back to 1969 and be the second man on the moon:icon_salut:
So what would you do with Buzz Aldrin then?

I'd go back to 1994 and ask my dad all the questions I wish I'd asked before he died. And give him a hug.

On a more light-hearted note, I'd like to meet Charles Darwin in around 1855. He sounds like a really cool guy. Unlike the usual image of Victorian men, he was a fun-loving chap who loved having his children messing about in his study, and even built a ramp on the stairs so the kids could slide down it on tea-trays!

Hmmmm...... think I'd make a note of all the lottery winning lines for the last 6 months - then take them back 6mths and start buying tickets. Then when I come back to the present I'd just have to claim them all - become a multi millionaire - and start spending (includes all the Eurmillions, Irish lottery, US numbers etc etc) :hello2:

Would you like my mother in laws address?

Swap you?:hello2: (Are we talking brontosaurus or T rex here? They come in both flavours...)

Darwin, fun loving? Sometimes, yes, but I think you'd have a better night out with his 'bulldog' TH Huxley!

Olly

I'd visit myself in 1983 and warn him to steer clear of a certain woman who messed his life up. On the way back I'd get the lottery ticket business sorted out- the best jackpots were in the mid 1990s, so would plunder those.

Given a decent time machine there are a few wrongs I would put right- help humanity do the right thing.

Jan. 10th 1610. Padua Italy.

I would love to be at Galileo's side when he first saw Jupiter and it's four satellites, and find out if he felt the same way I did, almost exactly 400 years later.

Actually, Galileo only saw three of the four moons on his first observation, just like my first time. (I was actually ignorant of the galilean moons at that time and thought, just like he did, that they were just background stars, and that their alignment was coincidental).

Believe it or not, that night I went home and watched a new DVD I had (The 400 years of the telescope), and I confirmed my sighting using Galileo's own hand drawn pictures!

It would be great to talk to the man who started modern astronomy, and to tell him about all the marvels we've been able to see since his day.

I would go back to the time Clyde Tombaugh discovered the ninth planet, and tell him not to bother, as it won't last, they are going to steal it from you. All those blink comparisons have been in vain.

I would then buy him a bottle of Jack Daniels, and help him drink it icon9.gif.

Ron.

I'd visit myself in 1983 and warn him to steer clear of a certain woman who messed his life up.....

That reminds me that I'd like to go back in time and NOT steer clear of a certain woman. Things would have been so different if I'd plucked up the courage....possibly.....possibly not

Intresting topic ! Time travel to the future is possible and has been done and proven. Time travel to the past is theoretically possible. Intresting topic, I would love to travel back to the time when the first telescope was invented and pull out my14 inch goto dob lol. :hello2:

firstly i would go back to christmas 2005 and tell my dad not to get in that damned helicopter :D

then i would go back to roswell and see for my own eyes before any army guys got there (and take a digital camera lol)

then on my way back get a euro lotto ticket for last friday and enjoy my new found 105 million :hello2:

Most of the above....

With some of my accumulated Ultra-mazillions, I'd go back and prevent Theakstons spoiling their Old Peculiar by buying the brewery using real gold dubloons from Capt. Morgans buried treasure, that I follwed him that night to see where he buried it....

I'd go back in time to 91/92, probably the best time of my life with friends n family back then, would love to relive some of those moments, classic.

A trip to the future does not appeal at all...far too scary knowing what's to come, it's bad enough in the present!

Also i'd probably invest some money into shares, 20 years growth will do alright, assuming time travel works in this way?

Interesting to learn that future time travel has been done and proven Moh.

I always thought it was the other way around so by merely looking at the stars we see them how they appeared a long time ago... does that put us in the future *confused* should i be looking into a microscope to observe how objects appear in the future ;-)

I would go back to 20th April 1889 to the Gasthof zum Pommer, an inn in Austria. I would then try to explain to Alois Hitler that his forth child would grow up to be the most evil dictator in human history, failing that I would go back in time even further and attempt to convince Klara Polzi to abort the birth.. if that achieved nothing, then I might contemplate going back in time and taking either of their lives before the conception..

Archived