NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Two nice little finds.

northernnutter

I have a real love for books....any books, but very rarely buy new. I stalk charity shops/ second hand shops for anything that catches my eye! Recently therefore, I've had my eye open for bargain books connected with astronomy with little success, until today!

I browsed a couple of shops today and came across a 'collins Gem Stars' book....lovely little pocket sized book listing all the constellations, and interesting objects within them.

...and in the following shop, a copy of 'Norton's Star atlas and reference handbook 2000. (Perhaps a little out of date...but still packed with interesting information.)

Grand total spent?? £1:50 !:D

Bargain!! The astronomy book collection begins......;)

Sounds like some good finds ;)

I'm a sucker for a star atlas of any age and always keep an eye out. I picked up a mint 1st edition field version of SkyAtlas 2000 and signed by Wil Tirion himself for £15.

If you can get over to Hay On Wye, its the second hand book capital, you'll find all sorts of treasures. And it's a nice day out as well.

Cheers

Ian

If you're ever in the area, try Brierlow Bar Bookstore, near Buxton (a 5 minute stagger from PSP2011, for anyone who's coming!)

It's not a second hand store but buys up old end of line books in bulk and sells them on at discount prices. I know exectly Collins star atlas you mean as I picked one up (late 90s version, I think) for about £3 from Brierlow Bar.

J.

Nice to see a few 'bargain book' hunters out there!!

Ian....Ahhh...Hay on Wye..the bibliophiles mecca!! Have never been, but intend to one day!

TBird...keep looking, you never know your luck!!

James...I'm going to PSP! :hello2:, so a little daytrip may be in order!!

Alan...cheers! The 'gem' is a little cracker!! Just the right size!!

The hunting continues.....:D

"Norton's Star atlas and reference handbook 2000", my current favourite reference book. Don't dismiss ebay either, I picked up Will Tirions Sky Atlas for a song, well not £1.50!...but a good saving over new.

Cheers

Neil

"Norton's Star atlas and reference handbook 2000", my current favourite reference book. Don't dismiss ebay either, I picked up Will Tirions Sky Atlas for a song, well not £1.50!...but a good saving over new.

Cheers

Neil

Nice to know I bagged a good 'un!!:D

E-bay? Not sure....I like to smell 'em and 'check 'em before I buy them...that's just me though! :hello2:

Archived