Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tripod for PST

Ok finally cracked and ordered a PST, I'll be mounting it on rings and rail for use with my other scope but can anyone recommend a good grab and go camera tripod ? preferably as cheap as possible as it's been a spend heavy month.

Thanks

• 6 years later...

I have owned the PST, loved it, i suggest you always go for the sturdiest tripod and head you can afford, you will be moving the scope a lot manually so the more fluid the head is and sturdy the legs are you'll definitely thank yourself later. i had mine mounted on a manfrotto tripod with a fluid head made for holding video cameras, they are a bit pricey yes but theres no shortage of them in the used markets.

LOL i just realized how old this post is, chances are you found one haha!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you  are right. I have a cheep foto tripod it hold it ( the pst is not so heavy ) but when there is a little wind, it Will make the tripod ( and head) shake witch is verry frustrating . And maby a slowmortion control or a electonic move control would be also  welcome ! (?)

Archived