Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

powering a dew heater

Hi

If you have a power tank 7ah then it should last around 7 hours for a small scope so if you view 4 hrs that would be fine

there is a larger one that is 17ah -17 hours thats what I use so it will do for a hole nights viewing, scope and a dew heater hope this helps

Doug

Essex

Hi

If you have a power tank 7ah then it should last around 7 hours for a small scope so if you view 4 hrs that would be fine

there is a larger one that is 17ah -17 hours thats what I use so it will do for a hole nights viewing, scope and a dew heater hope this helps

Doug

Essex

ah! I need to buy a power tank, so if the larger tank will work for all then thats super,

thanks

You should definitely consider a seperate power supply rated 17Ah or higher for the heater tape.

can the dew controllers run directly from an electrical socket from inside the house, and just run the scope from the tank,

or is that crazy talk:D

You'd need a mains to DC converter - Maplins do one for around £15 - I use it for dew controllers and it's very effective. Also useful with EHU at campsites. I power the scopes separately from 17ah battery packs ;)

12V 5A Car Socket Power Supply : 12V Car Accessory Power Supplies : Maplin

thanks brantuk, thats an option I may go for

I have a small celestron power tank and it was not up to powering a dew heater for the C8 and a dew heater for the guidescope and power the mount.

I went out a bought another heavy duty power pack which does the job.

I'm also thinking of getting a mains adaptor like the one Brantuk has shown.

Archived