Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trying not to lose the big picture

Nexus 6

Ok, its something to have a nice new bit of kit and there's always one more bit we need.... or think we do but one thing I have tried not to lose track of is why I am observing in the first place, the Cosmos is endlessly fasinating and I never tire of looking at and what it has to offer so much so that I'm happy to just sit and look at it naked eye. ;)

Shame the weather tends to spoil it for us all most of the time :D

now were was that link on the Delos ep's :)

Clear Skies

Reminds of a few sessions last winter.

I struggled with imaging from the scope in the shed. Then struggled with errors in the mount. ££££££ of kit and i couldn't get a decent picture.

Eventually got cold, tired & fed up.

Locked up the shed and sat in a garden chair just looking up with binoculars!

I've just come home from a holiday on the island La Palma (famous for its European telescopes) and although I took minimum imaging gear with me, I decided not to use it, I just lay on a sunbed on the flat roof of the villa and gazed in awe at the brightest Milky Way I have ever seen in my whole life!

Gear is only a part of the equation but on my return home, my new focuser had arrived and it did get some serious fondling!

I've just come home from a holiday on the island La Palma (famous for its European telescopes) and although I took minimum imaging gear with me, I decided not to use it, I just lay on a sunbed on the flat roof of the villa and gazed in awe at the brightest Milky Way I have ever seen in my whole life!

Gear is only a part of the equation but on my return home, my new focuser had arrived and it did get some serious fondling!

no getting away from the fact we all like having some nice new bit of kit to open and stroke ;)

Thanks for the replies! I think its best not lose sight of what it is that keeps me interested with observing the night sky.

No matter what one is using to look up there and what it may have cost it shoud'nt detract from the amazing sights that we all love to look at ;)

Clear Skies

Archived