Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I think I have a Problem - Opinions ?

Hi

It would be good to get everyone's opinion on this. Have just bought a Meade LX90 10 Inch. Have had it three weeks but due to weather have not had chance to use it. Have now taken it out of the box and assembled it and have noticed what appears to be a problem with the primary mirror. See the attached photo (Clouding in the 9 O'clock position) - clouding type pattern of the primary mirror is evident.

I have tried to capture it the best I can in the attached photo's.

Opinions welcome before I call Telescope House.

Thanks in advance

Andy

post-26757-133877622147_thumb.jpg

Hi

It would be good to get everyone's opinion on this. Have just bought a Meade LX90 10 Inch. Have had it three weeks but due to weather have not had chance to use it. Have now taken it out of the box and assembled it and have noticed what appears to be a problem with the primary mirror. See the attached photo (Clouding in the 9 O'clock position) - clouding type pattern of the primary mirror is evident.

I have tried to capture it the best I can in the attached photo's.

Opinions welcome before I call Telescope House.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Andy, unfortunately I'm unable to judge by your photograph, although I trust you're correct.

I would contact Telescope House if I were you..if it appears that the primary is 'cloudy'

btw, I thought clouds usually come with a new scope?;)

Thanks Guys

The mottling is the lighter markings at the 9/10 O Clock position - note this is not a reflection off the primary mirror.

Sometimes you get a better view if your look at the picture from v arious angles.

I will ring telescope house in the morning.

Archived