Greetings from Seattle

Backscatter

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Backscatter, welcome to the Lounge.

I had the ETX 80 as my first scope, and although its a bit noisy, alright agricultural, the optics provide nice clean wide views. I don't think I'll let it go, will be ideal for my Grand daughter when she's a bit older.

If the clouds parted it would be good on the Milky Way.

Enjoy your stay. ;)

Hi Backscatter, welcome to the Lounge.

I had the ETX 80 as my first scope, and although its a bit noisy, alright agricultural, the optics provide nice clean wide views. I don't think I'll let it go, will be ideal for my Grand daughter when she's a bit older.

If the clouds parted it would be good on the Milky Way.

Enjoy your stay. ;)

Yes, the unit can be noisy, I was worried that it might bother the nieghbors down the road at first....ha, but the devices planted in the ground to distract the moles digging up the yard:evil6: are louder, and I just drown it all out with some background music.

I don't have much too compare the ETX with (yet), but I do enjoy the wide views. With the 25mm that came with it or the 15mm swan, I can wait just a minute or 2 and catch satelites crossing my field of view. I am slowing working my way the the Messiers and enjoy trying (trying, mind you) to split doubles. I also enjoy the fact I can set it up at /dusktwilight, come out at full darkness and boom, be pretty much dead on whatever I choose to view. The tracking has been A1 so far.

My only complaint is the built in barlow seems not worth the effort to install it.

Once again, I would like to thank all for the warm welcome I have recieved at SGL.

Peace

Archived