Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Non-eclipse Moon, Part II

mag10

Hello again,

Sorry to intrude on all the beautiful eclipse shots posted by those fortunate enough to have seen it with my "regular" Moon shots of the same night.

But like I said, being on the wrong part of the Earth, I had to make due with what the sky gave me.

This picture was taken not long aftter the rising "yellow Moon" I posted earlier. The weather was rolling in, and it gives a different and dramatic contrast to the earlier picture.

Taken with a Canon 550-D, not through a scope...Actually that's not quite true, I cheated:

In the original shot, the Moon is oversaturated and washed out, so I Photoshopped-in a Moon shot earlier through my scope, to give the picture a little more bite.

I hope I will be forgiven this bit of artistic license.

post-27113-133877620714_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone!

(Like many things in astronomy: Right time, right place, right equipment, no planning whatsoever!)

The teenagers should love this one, with them going gaga over everything vampire these days! hehe!

(And a purely "artsy" observation I only noticed afterwards: The dark cloud formations closest to the Moon seem to mirror the dark maria on the Moon itself. Actually an interesting bit of symmetry going on there).

Archived