Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can't make this out, could be gremlins

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaz, Hi I think your'e right it did'nt save them in the 1st place, due to invalid symbol.

Andrew & Ron, I agree, if I used an invalid symbol in any other program on a pc, the program itself would let me know that I could,nt do it.

Still I suppose theres always next year, I may e-mail them and comment that I think its a fantastic program but needs a bit written in to stop other real novices like myself from loosing what can't easily be replaced

Cheers

Trudie

Hi trudi,

Sorry to read about your lost files. Not sure if someone has pointed this out as I was only flicking through the post but when naming files you cant use punctuation in the file name. The pooter sees these as DOS commands and acts on the commands. I'd be surprised if it let you use forward slashes in the file name, you usually get a message stating that the name is illegal and to use something else.

I'd imagine they are in there somewhere, good luck if you are still looking.

Bye the way, how are you getting on with your new scope / mount?

I have finally got to grips with the 130 SLT. I've had to buy a mains power adaptor as I was having a lot of trouble with the goto function. I also haven't had muck luck imaging yet. Still getting to grips with the camera controls I think.

Anyway, good to hear from you, clears skies

Gary

that's ridiculous. Why can't it simply show an error message like it does in every other program - "the following symbols are not allowed in the file name:..." ???

I think you have grounds to complain...

Andrew

Not if she is using the software as freeware.

Yes dont be disheartend, I had over two years of sun spot pictures which I lovingly put through various Photoshop and paintshop pro programmes to name sunspots blah blah blah and a few months ago I had a complete hard drive faliure and lost the lot. Oh well I thought as I hit the bottle big time, but after an hour the taste of Pepsi could not solve what had happened so I started again. I do have 13,000 pictures of various jet airliners if you want a couple. :)

Archived