Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

camping test run

Daniel-K

so this year i have been bitten by the astro bug bad this year and have decided to try and attend a few starparties so i said to the wife on thutsday lets go camping ( i 23 the wife 21 the daughter 2.5 and the dog and the scope) packing all the gear in to the tranist van was fine plenty of room.

setting up the tent not a problem except we were harrased by squrials trying to high jack or tent for food was all fun though i had the scope set up on the first night for some lunar obs (lunar 100) as people were walking past you could tell they were dying to ask me what i was looking at so i asked them if the wanted a peak well the first woman knocked her face on the ep lol i said your only suppose to close one eye i got the normal stuff how much was that and what else can you see etc then i moved to saturn with the 5mm TMB II and they were convinced it was a sticker on the end of the tube after explaing about the appature they were amazed that they could see the shadow of the rings it was a shame the moon was out and the sun didnt quite go down as i wanted to show the some dso but i pointed out a few sattalite's and that was good talking point about space junk orbiting the earth all in all i had a good few days with these people wanting to look in the ep as much as they can none of them had ever looked through one before so i felt pleased to beable to share a bit of knowlage ( not much as im a noob) and that they all enjoyed the 2 nights we spent observing saturn and the moon .

thanks for reading guys hopefully meet some of you soon

Danny

Hi Danny,

Seems like you had a great time.

It's really nice when you get others interested.

Yes it was a pity that you had nearly full moon but you can't have it all, new moon and clear skies :)

Did you get your wife hooked and where did you go to camp?

my wife takes no notice of my hobby really all seems to see is me asking her if i can buy this that and the other lol but she likes looking at saturn and the iss when it passes over.

we went to conway camping about 65 miles from us the campsite is high on a hill it was a fantastic campsite looking for some were else to go soon i love camping its the first time ive been in about 9 years and it was even better cause it was with my newly formed family

I also got some camping gear together ready for star parties. We gave it a trial run at santapod the other week and was surprised just how warm we were. Doubt we will be saying the same thing come October. It was good as we found out what else would come in handy.

I also got some camping gear together ready for star parties. We gave it a trial run at santapod the other week and was surprised just how warm we were. Doubt we will be saying the same thing come October. It was good as we found out what else would come in handy.

spaceboy, are you going to psp?

Archived