Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Southern Cross & ISS

ISS made a brilliant return to my viewing sky this evening, visible from below 10 degrees, passing over Crux, through Scorpius and on twards the East where it finally dropped into shadow at about 15 degrees. Especially for all you ex-pat Cobbers & sheilas, I give you ISS over the Southern Cross:

ISSCruxI.jpg

ISSCruxII.jpg

ISSCruxIII.jpg

ISSCruxIV.jpg

ISSCruxV.jpg

ISSCruxVI.jpg

ISSCruxVII.jpg

G'day...:)

What a great image Yeti! Thanks for posting. You've caught the ISS path well, and I like the cloud contrast too. I especially like the penultimate and last images where it passes over the southern cross.. wonderful! :)

Aha, I see!

Tough job that, being stuck out there, but it seems it has some compensations - dark skies being one of them every now and then I guess.

Its great to see all these fuzzies and constellations - the more I look at these images, the more I recognise and remember.

Thanks again!

Alan

It can be tough, be thankfully, on this rig, things are VERY laid back. Today should be busy for me, but it's looking more like it'll be later on, due to the laid backness....

Things, workwise at least, are looking good for the lunar eclipse on Thursday morning. I just have to appease the Ocean Dragon, in hope of ideal conditions!

I don't mind being patient. It will just make it "that much better" when the moment comes. There have been many "dances of joy" around my telescope (enough that my neighbours question my sanity) my experience with the ISS will be another,...

Isabelle

It's a good idea to have a pair of light binoculars handy (10x50s or 10x42s are best) for when you do expect to see it, as finding and tracking with a scope is a skill best learned in a relaxed mood!

Watching ISS zoom past stars, or better still, Saturn or Jupiter, is a wonderful and unforgettable sight.

Archived