Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Veil

martin_h

Had a go at this last night using the Double Shooter rig.

3 hrs Ha + 3hrs RGB.

I know it need lots more data and I might have to scrap the Ha and start again...Huge round reflection or something that the flats wont get rid of..Grrr

Anyway........

post-16950-133877616692_thumb.jpg

It seems like a superb use of time to me - 6 hours subs in one session and not far from shortest night...? Seems to me as though you have it pegged! Just imagine what you'll be able to get in one night in the winter? :)

How did you find it setting up and "managing" two camera's at once?

It seems like a superb use of time to me - 6 hours subs in one session and not far from shortest night...? Seems to me as though you have it pegged! Just imagine what you'll be able to get in one night in the winter? :)

How did you find it setting up and "managing" two camera's at once?

With 2 laptops next to each other its a bit like playing a church organ :icon_eek:

The setup was easier than I thought it was going to be, only took 15 mins to align both scopes, after that its press the button(s) and watch it go.

I use Nebulosity2 to capture...running 2 on the same lappy isn't the problem, both QHY's use the same driver...thats the problem.

Capture data - Ha = 15min subs, RGB = 10 min subs (LP is a problem)

Another unforseen hitch came to light last night, while they are mounted side by side, in action however, they become over and under. To start last night one was looking at the Veil, the other was looking at the inside of the obs wall :), had to wait 1/2 hour for it to clear the wall before imaging...all good fun.

P.S. ditched the data, cleaned everything in sight, will start again tonight with longer subs, if the weather plays ball.:icon_eek:

Wow... Thats looking amazing martin. such a shame about the Ha. I hope you can sort it out with out having to ditch all the data. When its all sorted, this rig is going to save you soooo much time, or make for gathering loads of data quicker.

Archived