Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First outing with my new C9.25

merlinxlm

Hello everyone, I had my first outing last night taking some images with my new C9.25. Seeing conditions were not brilliant, plus the scope had only been out for about 30min max. The first image comprises of 9 single exposures taken with my Oly E510 prime focus. Then stacked using MS ICE and tweaked a bit in PS.

The other two were taken using a Phillips SPC900NC, I must admit that they are not very good at all. I'll try and take the scope out sooner tonight to cool down. Any comment, advice or tips very appreciated.

Thank you for looking.

post-15200-133877616603_thumb.jpg

post-15200-133877616646_thumb.jpg

wedi cychwyn.tif

post-15200-133877616657_thumb.jpg

Hi hayju01, yes at last. But I'm a bit disappointed with the pictures, I think that I'll have to take the scope out a couple of hours before I start imaging next time. I'm not to sure if its was the air turbulence or that the tube hadn't cooled down properly and that why the pictures haven't come out good, next time? How are you coming along with your scope?

Thanks.

Personally I'd put the image down to poor seeing rather than lack of cooling but it can't hurt getting it out there earlier. I usually put my OTA on a doormat outside at 9pm even if there's only the slightest chance of clear skies.

How am I getting on, well still buying bits for it, not that it needs it just with lack of seeing time I find spend so much time on here and too much time in the Sales section well you can imagine. Just lucky I can work from home and catch the posty and hide the packaging ;-)

But the Scope and mount are superb and there's so much to learn its keeping me occupoed in my spare time.

I really like these images, I like the first and last one especially, as luis said, the tonal quality is good. I like the contrast from light to dark and the reprocessed image looks fantastic. The C.95 looks like fun! Thanks for sharing!:)

Archived