Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the moon 09-06-11

astropete

Pete, that first one is excellent. I was confused at first looking at the exif data, how you'd used a focal length of 8.8mm at f/3.8 :) should have read the description better. The mountains have come out nicely on the second and it's nicely focused towards the bottom.

thanks jgs001, with the sky being still bright i had a hard time trying to focus on #2, then with my tracking not working (just manually). i wanted moon pics and i was going to get some, what with all this rain and clouds. so last nights shoot was just that point and go. you should see the ones ive discarded. out of about 15 pics only 6 are of some standard.

looks like we were imaging about same time, i did a quick grab an go with new camera. great image pete, have you thought about changing focus on camera from centre focus to full field, who needs a dslr when it can be done focal

Archived