Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need help with tube rings !!!!

Hi all

I bought some tube rings on Tuesday from TS in Germany they are 235mm I got them for my OO 200 spx but upon getting them today I have found they are to big by some margin

I have listed them for sale to try and recoup some money

But is there anyway I can get them to fit by sticking something inside to reduce their size ??

Cheers

Jake

Hi Jake, I think that a trip to a DIY store may turn up something suitable.

How about some plastic strip, wrapped around the tube, held in place with tape ?

A bit of experimentation would get to the correct size.

HTH, Ed.

Hi Jake, I think that a trip to a DIY store may turn up something suitable.

How about some plastic strip, wrapped around the tube, held in place with tape ?

A bit of experimentation would get to the correct size.

HTH, Ed.

Thanks ed I just bought a piece of 6mm neoprene sheet for £5 I think this will work as strips inside the rings. A lot cheaper than getting a new tube cradle from OO uk

Not sure how to fix it to the rings. Would super glue work or would that react with the neoprene need to go ask my mate google I think

Jake

Honestly if this is for a guide scope I really think you are asking to introduce flexure. Many imagers, myself included, don't use guide rings at all because with a fast guide scope and sensitive guide cam you don't need rings.

Olly

Honestly if this is for a guide scope I really think you are asking to introduce flexure. Many imagers, myself included, don't use guide rings at all because with a fast guide scope and sensitive guide cam you don't need rings.

Olly

No it's not for a guide scope it's for my 8" newt

Ah sorry, I thought you wanted to mount the rings on the 8 inch for a guidescope. The packing should be fine for that.

Olly

The rings are for the 8" and my st80 guidescope will be attached to another dovetail on top I'm not using guide rings for the st80 just the rings that came with it

Is that still ok I bow down to your far superior knowledge here olly

Jake

Archived