Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

South Coast Astro - Obs night 25th June 2011

We have set the date for our next observing night:

Saturday 25th June 2011

As usual this is open to all, just PM myself or Shaunster for more details. We had over 20 people in all (Police and Birders included :)) at the last one. It was a great night, hopefully the next night will be just as good. Be great if the weather gods are kind to us and give a knockout night.

• 2 weeks later...

Weather permitting we will be meeting this coming Saturday. Most folks arrive on site for 21:30 (a couple a little earlier) to get themselves setup in twilight conditions. Plus have a natter before the observing begins.

There will be a good selection of things to see. Saturn will be visible for a while to get things going. And then onto all the summer targets, the main event as always for this time of year will be the Milkyway and in particular, the southern most part. If we are there late enough we may catch Jupiter towards the end. Plus there maybe a few meteors around with a few weak showers this time of year plus the Arietids

Should be good and it's open to all.

That's a shame Stephen. If the 25th falls through due to poor weather, we will then go for the 2nd July.

For future dates we always aim for the Saturday(s) around new moon. I'll check the calender and report back with likely dates for the remainder of the year.

weather is ment to be good clear nights starting saturday with a lvl 2 health warning in place for sun,mon,tue temp 30 - 35c south and london sat 20-25 18 at night.

Indeed, looks good for a few nights. I'll be going up Sunday night instead hopefully.

Archived