Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

guide scope is this ok?

The scope you were looking at is a fine scope for imaging, and would be (again IMHO) wasted as a guidescope.

What are you trying to achieve?

The beauty of using a scope like this is that not only will make a great guide scope, it can also double up as a widefield imaging scope. So you could have something like an ED80 and the Equinox 66 togther, one guides while the other images. Both are capable of doing double duty.

Tony..

im so confused :) im trying to gather a imaging set up before winter kicks to do some dso photography spending around £300 a month till october to get it together any sugestions welcome

As already said, it will make not only an excellent guidescope, but also a great widefield imaging scope.

An 8x50 finder would be capable of guiding it, or an ED80, but for anything of much longer focal length than that it would be useless. You don't want to go much less than 1/3 of your imaging scope FL with your guidescope.

Rob

What guidecam... The Synguider is just about useless on a finderguider - QHY5 works a treat, it (the Synguider) was ok(ish) on my EQ66-Pro but came to life on an ST80...

I Use a 500mm f8 t mount telephoto and Meade DSI-1C for my guiding freeing up both "proper" OTA's for simultaneous imaging... I wanted ther extra FL in the guidescope as I also use the same setup to guide an 8" SCT working anywhere between 1280-4064mm FL

Archived