Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Farewell Saturn

Virgoman

Hi all. Haven't posted any images for ages but I managed to get this image of Saturn last night as it disappears rapidly from view. Quite pleased with the image given how low down it is and how it is becoming perilously close to the neighbour's roof! Only able to use a small number of frames out of total - so is a bit on the grainy side. Taken with a C8 SCT, Tal x2 barlow and Phiilps SPC900.

Best regards,

Ralph

post-17649-133877612685_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jupiterholic. Am much happier with these attempts. Didn't realise how crappy the colour was until I looked at the image on my desktop PC. Looked very different on Asus netbook screen which was used to acquire the AVI's and to do the initial process. Shows how screen quality and setup affects the image I guess.

Good images Virgoman. Last night i think I probably had my best view of saturn so far, Unfotunately i'm unable to use my spc900 at the mo but i'd love to get some images like yours for my picture album.

Many thanks Adamski for your reply, it is much appreciated.:) Probably going to be the last for quite sometime - forecast here is hopeless - more like autumn! At least we have Jupiter to look forward to:).

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived