Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

If you have a Celestron 6SE...what eyepieces do you reccommend?

Personally, I have a set of Pentax e/ps, but they are quite expensive as a start. If you have the opportunity of meeting up with other astronomers in your area for an evening's viewing, you may be able to get a look through the e/p (if you can use it on your scope even better). It really is a case of the best way is to try them, as two people will have very different experiences of ease/comfort when viewing through the same e/p. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I have a set of hyperions and they are very very good in F10 scopes and wont break the bank. I also highly recommend BST explorers if you cant stretch to the Hyperions.

At f10 i didint find premuim eyepeices such as TV's making any difference to the views.

the widest possible fov eyepeice is a must as its got a focal length of 1500mm and a small fov you will need to make the most of it,

this would include either a 32mm plossl (50-52 degree's) a 26mm BST (60 degrees) or a 24mm Hyperion (68 degree's)

best of luck

10mm, 12mm, 15mm and 32mm. It comes with a 25mm.

For cost try the planetary eyepieces.

Consider the 32mm first to set up a scope for the goto alignment you will find it better to have a longer focal length and so greater field of view.

As you will want to magnify objects I would suggest the 12mm as the next.

I have a Celestron C5 and use the following:

Tele Vue plossls: 32mm, 21mm and 13mm

Baader Genuine Orthoscopics: 9mm, 7mm and 5mm

I've also occasionally used a University Optics 4mm Orthoscopic on double stars.

I've a set of 2" eyepieces for my other scopes but there is no point with those in the C5 as it's rear port is only 25mm in diameter.

Archived