Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BSc (Hons) Astronomy - UCLAN

johnb

I've done the lower level courses, Intro to Astro, Cosmology, Sun and Earth Climate and History of Astronomy, plus courses from Jodrell and Liverpool John Moores.

I found UCLAN to be helpful, well thought out and enthusiastic. I liked them a lot (the others too.)

Olly

I'm strictly OU but I have a friend who is working through them and another who went to UCLAN distance learning from OU.

I hear good things but personally I can vouch for the OU astronomy suite- at least at second level.

HTH

Vicky

If you have a mind for maths and fancy going a bit deeper then you may wish to consider astrophysics as well. I graduated from University of York with a physics with astrophysics degree and thoroughly enjoyed learning more about why things behave the way they do rather than just theory. Nothing can tell a story better than maths! Not everyones cup of tea though.

Thanks for that, i have already got 100 credits from the OU and was seriously looking at the Degree route but the way the courses are constructed means that I cant really get a pure Astronomy \ Physics Degree with them, however this is clearly 100% pure BSc (Hons) Astronomy run by University of Central Lancashire

Maybe I can transfer some of my OU credits (that would be handy)

John B

Just out of interest (and this may seem like a silly question) but what are the employment prospects for someone with a degree in astronomy or astrophysics in the UK? I would imagine positions at the Jodrell bank and other observatories to be extremely competative.

Archived